Posts for: February, 2020
Pain medication isn't the only option if you have arthritis. Massage therapy offered by your Tampa, FL, chiropractors, Drs. George Kollias, Autumn Scaz, and Elissa Pally can ease your aches and pains.
How Massage Can Help You Manage Your Arthritis Symptoms
When your joints hurt, massage might seem like the last therapy you'd want to try. Although a vigorous, bone-jarring treatment certainly wouldn't be a good idea, moderate pressure on joints, tissues, and muscles can actually have a beneficial effect on arthritis symptoms.
In fact, attending regular massage therapy appointments at our Tampa office creates these important benefits:
- Less Pain: Massage provides a natural way to reduce pain in both joints and muscles. Gentle stretching and kneading motions used during the therapy ease soreness, aches, and pains. Treatments stimulate the release of endorphins, your body's natural pain relievers. Endorphins not only decrease pain but also promote a sense of well-being. Massage may also reduce the production of a neurotransmitter linked to pain.
- Reduced Stiffness: Joint pain is often accompanied by muscle stiffness if you have arthritis. Massage relieves muscle tension, decreasing pain naturally.
- Enhanced Range of Motion: Massage also improves flexibility and may increase the range of motion in your joints.
- Decreased Inflammation: Inflammation in muscles and joints can increase pain and other arthritis symptoms. Massage offers a simple way to keep inflammation under control.
- Improved Circulation: The hands-on treatment improves blood flow, thus promoting healing and boosting lymph circulation. When your lymph system functions more efficiently, it's easier for your body to remove the excess fluids that contribute to swelling in your joints.
- Less Stress: It's only natural to feel a little stressed when you experience chronic pain due to arthritis. Massage promotes relaxation and helps relieve stress and anxiety. The therapy reduces the amount of stress hormones you produce and increases the production of serotonin, a natural chemical that regulates mood.
- Better Sleep: When you're relaxed and no longer in pain, it's much easier to fall asleep and stay asleep.
Need Relief? Give Us a Call
Relieve your arthritis pain with massage therapy! Call your Tampa, FL, chiropractors, Drs. George Kollias, Autumn Scaz, and Elissa Pally, at (813) 884-1457 to schedule an appointment.
At Sheldon Road Chiropractic & Massage Therapy, we provide patients with quality care by utilizing the most modern equipment, technology, and massage therapy techniques available. Whether the idea of this relaxation method is new to you, or you've reaped the benefits before, many different types can improve your wellness as a whole. In our Tampa, FL, office, our team of massage therapists works with your chiropractors, Dr. George Kollias, Dr. Autumn Scaz, and Dr. Elissa Pally. We can help you achieve fewer migraines, improve nerve system function, and help you relax, all with gentle hand manipulation. Read on to learn more.
Why Consider Massage Therapy?
Getting a massage is the best thing you can do for your body, mind, and spirit. It can help you reach a healthier mental and emotional frame of mind by managing symptoms of depression, anxiety, or chronic pain. It also delivers physical benefits, like correcting posture, curbing pain in specific areas of the body, and promoting relaxation and stability.
The Different Types of Massage Therapy
At Sheldon Road Chiropractic & Massage Therapy, our therapists focus on specific areas of the body utilizing these popular methods:
- Swedish - ideal for people who are new to massage therapy, carry excessive tension and are sensitive to touch. The therapist will use a combination of long flowing strokes, kneading, deep, circular motions, as well as vibration and tapping.
- Sports Therapy - beneficial for athletes who need to improve range of motion, prevent injury, or alleviate issues and aches. This technique focuses on treating soft tissue injuries and reducing muscle stiffness using mild to moderate pressure.
- Muscle Energy - is excellent for people with a limited range of motion and require effective pain management. This manual therapy utilizes deep or soothing strokes to loosen and stretch the muscles.
Health Benefits of Massage Therapy
Research shows that there are endless reasons to get a massage. It can alleviate symptoms that result from conditions like fibromyalgia, stress, low-back pain, and many others. Additional advantages to massage therapy also include:
- Less fatigue
- Immunity boost
- Better sleep quality
- Elimination of toxins
- Improved circulation
- Reduction in pain and discomfort
Whether you are skeptical about getting your first massage or a master searching for new techniques, our therapists at Sheldon Road Chiropractic & Massage Therapy make patients feel warm and welcome from the minute they walk in the door. For more information about massage therapy, conditions treated, and other services provided, visit our website. For appointment scheduling in our Tampa, FL, office, please call 813-884-1457.