Posts for: October, 2020
Spinal disc problems due to an accident, injury, or medical condition can lead to serious back and neck pain. Spinal disc surgery is one possible treatment option, but there are several non-surgical alternatives as well. Chiropractic care and massage therapy are just two possibilities. Dr. George Kollias, Dr. Autumn Scaz, or Dr. Elissa Pally, the experienced chiropractors at Sheldon Road Chiropractic & Massage Therapy in Tampa, FL, can discuss alternatives to disc surgery and recommend a specific treatment method for you.
Chiropractic care involves the use of various techniques and therapies for adjusting the spine. Improving spinal alignment can provide relief from the pain and discomfort associated with disc problems, such as bulging or herniated discs. The benefits of chiropractic care include pain relief, increased range of motion, decreased muscle spasms, increased mobility, reduced degeneration, and a reduction in tissue inflammation.
Massage therapy can also be used to effectively treat neck and back pain due to spinal disc problems. Specific massage techniques are used to manipulate the body’s soft tissues and deliver pain relief. Traction massage is one type of therapy that is particularly effective at stretching the back muscles. It can be used to relax the back muscles before performing spinal adjustments to achieve even better results.
Laser therapy is another alternative to disc surgery offered at our practice in Tampa. This treatment method helps alleviate pain by reducing inflammation and is highly effective for treating injuries affecting spinal discs. It also rejuvenates damaged cells by accelerating cellular reproduction and growth. With laser therapy, damaged tissues, such as muscles, tendons, and ligaments, can repair themselves faster.
Spinal decompression is an effective non-surgical option for treating back conditions such as sciatica, degenerative disc disease, facet joint syndrome, and bulging or herniated discs. In some cases, spinal decompression can be used to treat spinal stenosis as well. The way spinal decompression works is that it stretches pinched or compressed spinal joints, which alleviates pressure on spinal nerves.
Numerous non-surgical options are available for treating disc-related neck and back pain. Schedule an appointment with Dr. George Kollias, Dr. Autumn Scaz, or Dr. Elissa Pally to discuss these different alternatives to disc surgery by calling Sheldon Road Chiropractic & Massage Therapy in Tampa, FL, at (813) 884-1457.
Dealing with neck pain after a car accident? Chiropractic care can relieve your symptoms.
More than 16,000 car accidents happen every day in the US. While some accidents are minor, you may still be dealing with neck pain and other aches and pain as a result. While pain relievers can help ease the pain, you must receive proper treatment after your auto accident to address the injuries that are causing you pain. This is where our Tampa, FL, chiropractor Dr. George Kollias, Dr. Autumn Scaz, and Dr. Elissa Pally come in.
What are the symptoms of whiplash?
You may be dealing with a whiplash injury if you are experiencing:
- Limited range of movement and flexibility in your neck
- Pain that gets worse when moving your neck
- Pain that radiates to the shoulders and arms
Those with whiplash may also experience:
- Trouble concentrating
- Sleep problems
- Tinnitus (ringing in the ears)
- Blurry vision
Since many conditions can cause similar symptoms it’s important that you see a qualified medical professional right away, especially if you’ve been in a car accident.
How can a chiropractor help?
Our chiropractors, Dr. George Kollias, Dr. Autumn Scaz, and Dr. Elissa Pally, specialize in treating injuries and conditions that affect the musculoskeletal system, which includes everything from tendons and ligaments to bones and nerves. If you are dealing with whiplash and other injuries due to an auto accident, our Tampa chiropractor can provide you with a variety of treatment options, including:
- Pain management: This includes everything from resting and ice/heat therapy to taking over-the-counter pain relievers
- Exercises: The exercises our chiropractors will prescribe will involve slow, gentle stretching exercises that can reduce pain and stiffness and restore flexibility and range of motion.
- Spinal manipulation/chiropractic adjustment: When the neck gets forcefully thrown out of its typical range of motion, this can cause vertebrae within the spine to fall out of alignment. To improve the alignment of the spine, to release trapped nerves, and to reduce muscle tension, our chiropractor offers spinal manipulation to ease symptoms and improve how the body functions as a whole.
- Physical therapy: if you’ve been in a serious car accident and you’re dealing with long-term or severe whiplash pain, then our chiropractor may also recommend physical therapy to help retrain and strengthen the muscles in and around the neck.
If you’ve just recently been in an auto accident, our Tampa, FL, chiropractor offers a wide range of treatment options that can help ease symptoms associated with soft tissue injuries such as whiplash. To schedule an evaluation with Dr. George Kollias, Dr. Autumn Scaz, and Dr. Elissa Pally, call Sheldon Road Chiropractic & Massage Therapy at (813) 884-1457.