Posts for tag: Massage Therapy
Many people experience neck or back pain related to spinal disc problems. Such problems can be due to an injury, accident, or medical condition. In certain cases, spinal disc surgery is the best option for delivering long-term relief from disc-related neck and back pain. However, surgery is not the only option as there are several effective alternatives to disc surgery. At Sheldon Road Chiropractic and Massage Therapy, Dr. George Kollias, Dr. Autumn Scaz, and Dr. Elizabeth Gionfriddo are your chiropractors in Tampa, FL.
Chiropractic care is one effective alternative to disc surgery. It can help alleviate neck and back pain associated with spinal disc problems. Chiropractic care includes a range of techniques and therapies for adjusting the spine to improve alignment, which can provide relief from pain and discomfort.
Massage therapy is another effective option for treating neck and back pain that avoids surgery. Massage therapy involves manipulation of the body’s soft tissues through massage techniques in order to alleviate pain and discomfort. One type of massage therapy called traction massage is especially helpful for stretching the back muscles. Traction massage is sometimes used prior to chiropractic spinal adjustments to relax the back muscles and aid in spinal adjustment.
Other Alternative Treatments
There are several other alternatives to disc surgery beyond chiropractic techniques and massage therapy. Other options include laser therapy and spinal decompression therapy, among others. Laser therapy helps rejuvenate damaged cells and reduce inflammation, which can alleviate pain. It is an effective option for treating disc-related injuries or disease. Spinal decompression therapy can be used to treat more serious neck and back pain related conditions, such as herniated discs, bulging discs, sciatica, and degenerative disc disease.
Several alternatives to disc surgery are available for treating different disc-related conditions and problems that are causing back or neck pain. To learn more about disc surgery alternatives in Tampa, schedule a consultation with Dr. Kollias, Dr. Scaz, or Dr. Gionfriddo by calling Sheldon Road Chiropractic and Massage Therapy at (813) 884-1457.
First, we would like to thank everyone for their participation. Once you have liked our Facebook page or followed us on Instagram you will automatically be entered into all our future drawings. So stay tuned!
Now, what we have all been waiting for... July's 1 hour massage winner is: Renata DiPaola!
Congratulations Renata! Please call our office at 813-884-1457 to schedule a 1 hour massage with the therapist of your choice!
Thanks again to everyone who participated and keep an eye out for our August massage drawing coming up next!
Massage therapy offers a natural way to relieve your aches and pains and may even help you manage a variety of health conditions. Tampa, FL, chiropractors Dr. George Kollias, Dr. Autumn Scaz and Dr. Elizabeth Gionfriddo provide chiropractic treatment and offer massage therapy, and other services to their patients at Sheldon Road Chiropractic & Massage Therapy.
Can massage therapy help me feel better?
Stretching and loosening tight muscles with massage offers many important benefits, including:
- Improved Circulation: As your Tampa massage therapist applies gentle pressure to your muscles, both blood and lymph circulation improves. Improved circulation helps your body remove waste products more efficiently and sends nutrients and oxygen to the cells in your muscles.
- Drug-Free Pain Relief: Pain medications can be effective in reducing pain, but the medications often cause nausea, dizziness, upset stomach, and other symptoms. Massage therapy triggers the release of endorphins, natural chemicals that ease your neck, back, knee, arm, or joint pain without any side effects.
- Decreased Inflammation: Tight muscles press on tendons, nerves, and ligaments, causing pain and inflammation in your tissues and organs. Massage decreases pain and inflammation in these structures.
- Fewer Headaches: Regular massages can help reduce the frequency of tension and migraine headaches.
- Better Sleep: Both pain and stress can lead to insomnia. Massage therapy relieves both, improving your sleep.
- Increased Range of Motion: Range of motion issues can be caused by tight muscles, adhesions, or scar tissue. Massage loosens muscles and breaks up scar tissue and adhesions, increasing joint flexibility and range of motion.
- Chronic Disease Management: Massage can help you manage several chronic diseases and conditions, including arthritis, asthma, allergies, and fibromyalgia.
- Relief of Stress, Anxiety, and Depression: Massage sessions trigger the relaxation response, which lowers production of stress hormones and also increases the amount of serotonin in your body. The brain chemical improves your sense of well being and helps regulate your mood, which may make you feel less anxious or depressed.
- Better Balance: As a result of massage, your posture and gait may improve, which can help you maintain better balance and avoid falls.
Could you benefit from massage therapy? Call Tampa, FL, chiropractors Dr. Kollias, Dr. Scaz, and Dr. Gionfriddo at (813) 884-1457 to schedule your appointment.
First, we would like to thank all of the individuals who participated in our drawing for a 1 hour massage with the therapist of your choice. Our April massage drawing winner is Tami Bush! Congratulations Tami!! Please feel free to call our office at 813.884.1457 to schedule the massage at your convenience.
We are grateful to all those who participated! Also remember, once you have liked our Facebook page or Followed us on Instagram you will automatically be entered in all of our future drawings!
Have a great weekend everyone!
I would like to officially welcome Dr. Elizabeth Gionfriddo to the staff at Sheldon Road Chiropractic & Massage Therapy! Dr. Liz is a graduate of New York Chiropractic College who practiced in Torrington Connecticut for 7 years prior to moving to the Tampa Bay area. We are all very excited to have Dr. Liz join our staff! Click HERE to learn more about Dr. Gionfriddo.
We appreciate everyone that allows our office to continue to treat their health care needs. Come say hello and welcome Dr. Liz!