Posts for category: Chiropractic Treatment
Back pain is truly an uncomfortable experience that ranges from slight aches to the inability to move without experiences sharp pains. Back pain is something that affect many Americans, and the ability to complete even mundane tasks becomes difficult. This is because back pain affects everything we do. Chiropractors Dr. George Kollias, Dr. Autumn Scaz, and Dr. Elissa Pally at Sheldon Road Chiropractic & Massage Therapy in Tampa, FL are ready to attend to any of your concerns and relieve your back pain.
Chiropractors can help back pain in the following ways:
- Manual Therapy. If a joint is not functioning appropriately, Dr. George Kollias would use manual therapy techniques to help the joint regain some function and mobility. This can include joint mobilizations via slow stretches of the joint, or through manipulation, which is a quicker but gentle motion that also stretches out the affected joint.
- Soft Tissue Therapy. Your chiropractor focuses on relaxing tight or sore muscles, and there are many ways to do so. Manual therapy is one way, but there is also trigger point therapy and soft tissue therapy using instruments. Trigger point therapy works by applying pressure on the tightest part of the muscle, and instrument-guided soft tissue therapy uses a tool or tools to apply pressure.
- Exercise Therapy or Self Management. Dr. George Kollias is able to give you a few exercises that you would be able to do in the comfort of your own home to relieve your back pain. This would also include methods that can aid you to have better posture so as to prevent the onset of more back pain.
Back pain is very uncomfortable and quite serious if not attended to. If you are suffering from back pain and wish to relieve your symptoms, or would like to know more information, please contact Dr. George Kollias, Dr. Autumn Scaz, and Dr. Elissa Pally at Sheldon Road Chiropractic & Massage Therapy in Tampa, FL at 813-884-1457 today.
Back pain can take over your life and keep you from doing the things you love. If you are living with back pain in Tampa, FL, your chiropractors, Dr. George Kollias, Dr. Autumn Scaz, and Dr. Elissa Pally, can help keep you pain-free.
Back pain can be caused by injury, incorrect posture, or repetitive movements. You may also suffer from the following:
- Muscle strain
- Bulging disc
- Spinal stenosis
- Herniated disc
- Spinal fracture
Nonsurgical Relief for Your Back Pain in Tampa, FL
For mild back pain, you can use over-the-counter pain relievers, cold or warm compressions, and rest. If your pain is more severe or is not getting better, visit your chiropractors for diagnosis and treatment.
Surgery is a last resort for treating back pain. There are actually a variety of non-invasive treatments that can get you feeling your best.
Spinal Decompression Therapy
Spinal decompression therapy is also known as nonsurgical decompression, and it is a non-invasive treatment that gently stretches the spine using motorized equipment or a traction table. It can help if you are suffering from arthritis, spinal injuries, herniated discs, pain from surgery, and posterior facet syndrome by relieving pain in the back or legs. It works by easing the pressure placed on the nerves and spine.
We offer hot and cold laser therapy to reduce back pain. Cold lasers work using a light that stimulates new tissue growth and works on a cellular level. This reduces inflammation, which will decrease pain and give you a better range of motion. MLS laser, on the other hand, uses heat to reduce swelling and inflammation.
If you suffer from back pain in Tampa, FL, you can find relief and get your full range of motion back with the help of your chiropractors. Call Dr. Kollias, Dr. Scaz, and Dr. Pally of Sheldon Road Chiropractic & Massage Therapy at (813) 884-1457 to schedule an appointment.
Beyond helping you relax, massage therapy can greatly improve your quality of life in more ways than you may think. The beneficial health effects range from pain management, to enhancing the way you perform everyday activities. To learn about all the ways that massage therapy can help you, get in contact with your local Tampa, FL, specialists at Sheldon Road Chiropractic & Massage Therapy.
Indulging in a moment of relaxation is not a luxury, your mental wellbeing is as important as your physical one because they are interconnected. Stress can negatively impact your overall health and is even more damaging if you already suffer from a chronic condition, but the good news is that massage therapy can help you manage stress.
Massage therapy is often recommended to those suffering from tension headaches and migraines and can be helpful for those dealing with pain in general. Especially if you are hoping to try a drug-free pain relief alternative.
Inflammation is often a source of pain and massage therapy can be targeted to help decrease it in the troublesome areas.
Frequent massage therapy can, with time, help adjust your limbs and joints and thus provide you with a greater range of motion. It can also improve your posture and the way you walk, providing you with better balance. Both are benefits that can dramatically change the way you tackle everyday life.
Many eventually experience a boost to their energy because of all the physical improvements and better sleep habits as a result of a reduction in stress, among other everyday positive effects.
Massage Therapy in Tampa, FL
The only way to really find out how massage therapy can make your everyday life better is to experience it for yourself. So if you live in Tampa, FL, or nearby, make an appointment today at Sheldon Road Chiropractic & Massage Therapy by dialing (813) 884-1457.
Your chiropractors in Tampa, FL, can help with auto accident treatment so you feel better fast
Auto accidents can be scary. The truth is, you may not know how badly you’ve been hurt until days, weeks, or even months afterward. Your body absorbs the shock of the impact, and the damage done isn’t always obvious. The good news is, your chiropractor can help you feel better.
Drs. George Kollias, Autumn Scaz, and Elissa Pally of Sheldon Road Chiropractic & Massage Therapy in Tampa, FL, offer a wide variety of chiropractic and wellness services, including auto accident treatment.
Different impacts can affect your body in different ways:
- A front impact can result in injury or damage to areas of your chest and lower limbs with a seatbelt, and injury or damage to your face and head without a seatbelt.
- A side impact can result in injury or damage to areas of your chest, lower limbs, head, abdomen, and internal organs.
- A rear impact can result in injury or damage to your head, neck, chest, and spine.
If you are involved in an auto accident, there are a few steps you should take immediately. You need to:
- Place ice on the injury for 15 minutes several times a day for the first few days to reduce swelling
- Rest for the first 24 hours after the auto accident
- Use heat after the first few days to relax strained muscles
- Take over-the-counter pain and anti-inflammatory medications
- Do gentle stretches to keep yourself flexible and prevent muscle stiffness.
See your chiropractor as soon as you can after the auto accident. There are often injuries you may not know about including strained muscles, tendons, or ligaments, bruising, or bone alignment problems.
Depending on your injuries, your chiropractor may recommend:
- Therapeutic massage to relieve swelling, and reduce muscle tension and pain
- Manual manipulation targeting injured joints to increase range-of-motion
- Adjustment techniques to help with bone realignment
- Electrical stimulation to increase circulation and reduce stiffness
An auto accident doesn’t have to put you on the couch! To find out more about how your chiropractors can help you recover from an auto accident, call Drs. George Kollias, Autumn Scaz, and Elissa Pally of Sheldon Road Chiropractic & Massage Therapy in Tampa, FL, at (813) 884-1457. Call now!
Living with sciatica can make even the most basic of your everyday activities a painful endeavor. Around 40 percent of people will experience it during their lifetime and it can become more frequent as you get older.
There are steps you can take at home to ease the discomfort, as well as to help prevent it, but for more information consult with your Tampa, FL, chiropractors, Dr. George Kollias, Dr. Autumn Scaz, and Dr. Elissa Pally of Sheldon Road Chiropractic & Massage Therapy.
Sciatica is a condition caused when the sciatic nerve becomes irritated. This is often due to injury to the area surrounding the nerve, typically the vertebrae.
When you first begin to feel the discomfort associated with sciatica, ice can help with the inflammation and the pain. Use it for 20 minutes at a time throughout the day, making sure not to apply the ice directly to the skin. After a few days, it's recommended that you switch to heat packs and alternate between cold and hot treatments if necessary.
Over-the-counter pain relievers can similarly help with immediate symptoms. But for longer-term relief exercise can be your best option. Routine activity releases endorphins, a natural pain reliever in your body.
To help prevent future problems it's important that you emphasize maintaining a good posture, especially as you work, whether at a desk or in a more active work environment and remember to exercise to strengthen your muscles.
If your discomfort from a current episode doesn't subside after home treatments, then it's time to seek professional help.
Chiropractor Treatment in Tampa, FL
Your chiropractor will focus on helping you achieve spinal mobility with adjustments, as well as to relieve pressure and pain through massage therapy. To learn more about possible treatments and to schedule your appointment today, call Dr. Kollias, Dr. Scaz, and Dr. Pally of Sheldon Road Chiropractic & Massage Therapy in Tampa, FL, by dialing (813) 884-1457.