Posts for: August, 2021
At Sheldon Road Chiropractic & Massage Therapy, Dr. George Kollias, Dr. Autumn Scaz, and Dr. Elissa Pally take pride in providing their patients with holistic wellness and comprehensive treatment for back pain, acute or chronic injury, sports rehabilitation, and more. As a part of serving the Tampa, FL community, massage therapy is one of our cornerstone treatment modalities. Learn more about how you can start receiving the health benefits of massage therapy below.
Why Massage Therapy?
When most people think about chiropractic care, they think about chiropractic adjustments. However, total chiropractic care involves a look at the entire body, caring for the muscles and surrounding tissue just as much as the joints to which they attach. Therefore, we regularly employ massage therapy for its wealth of therapeutic benefits.
According to West Virginia Medicine, regular massage therapy can:
- Reduce pain in the lower back and increase range of motion
- Kick start the lymphatic flow, activating the body's defense against illness
- Help athletes recover from high-intensity training sessions
- Stretch and exercise tight muscles
- Improve flexibility at the joint
- Decrease symptoms of anxiety and depression
- Catalyze tissue regeneration
- Reduce post-op or post-injury swelling
- Relax cramping or spasms in muscles
- Soothe tired, overused muscles
- Release endorphins
- Alleviate headache and migraine pain
Other Common Applications Of Massage Therapy
According to the Journal of General Internal Medicine, weekly massage can soothe knee osteoarthritis compared to other methods of standard care. It's also been shown to alleviate pain, anxiety, and grip strength in those who suffer from arthritic hands.
If you think massage, you typically think about back pain. And why not? It's a great way to treat both neck and back pain.
Alongside anecdotal evidence that getting a massage relieves tension in those areas, evidence shows its application. The Annals of Internal Medicine confirmed that regular massage effectively treats back pain in a study that reduced pain, made it easier to perform daily tasks, and left participants less reliant on drugs to feel better. In short - massage can take a painful existence and turn it into a pain-free one.
Get in touch for massage therapy today!
Contact Dr. George Kollias, Dr. Autumn Scaz, and Dr. Elissa Pally at Sheldon Road Chiropractic & Massage Therapy in Tampa, FL at 813-884-1457 to get started with massage therapy and finally find pain relief now.
Back pain is truly an uncomfortable experience that ranges from slight aches to the inability to move without experiences sharp pains. Back pain is something that affect many Americans, and the ability to complete even mundane tasks becomes difficult. This is because back pain affects everything we do. Chiropractors Dr. George Kollias, Dr. Autumn Scaz, and Dr. Elissa Pally at Sheldon Road Chiropractic & Massage Therapy in Tampa, FL are ready to attend to any of your concerns and relieve your back pain.
Chiropractors can help back pain in the following ways:
- Manual Therapy. If a joint is not functioning appropriately, Dr. George Kollias would use manual therapy techniques to help the joint regain some function and mobility. This can include joint mobilizations via slow stretches of the joint, or through manipulation, which is a quicker but gentle motion that also stretches out the affected joint.
- Soft Tissue Therapy. Your chiropractor focuses on relaxing tight or sore muscles, and there are many ways to do so. Manual therapy is one way, but there is also trigger point therapy and soft tissue therapy using instruments. Trigger point therapy works by applying pressure on the tightest part of the muscle, and instrument-guided soft tissue therapy uses a tool or tools to apply pressure.
- Exercise Therapy or Self Management. Dr. George Kollias is able to give you a few exercises that you would be able to do in the comfort of your own home to relieve your back pain. This would also include methods that can aid you to have better posture so as to prevent the onset of more back pain.
Back pain is very uncomfortable and quite serious if not attended to. If you are suffering from back pain and wish to relieve your symptoms, or would like to know more information, please contact Dr. George Kollias, Dr. Autumn Scaz, and Dr. Elissa Pally at Sheldon Road Chiropractic & Massage Therapy in Tampa, FL at 813-884-1457 today.