Dealing with neck pain after a car accident? Chiropractic care can relieve your symptoms.
More than 16,000 car accidents happen every day in the US. While some accidents are minor, you may still be dealing with neck pain and other aches and pain as a result. While pain relievers can help ease the pain, you must receive proper treatment after your auto accident to address the injuries that are causing you pain. This is where our Tampa, FL, chiropractor Dr. George Kollias, Dr. Autumn Scaz, and Dr. Elissa Pally come in.
What are the symptoms of whiplash?
You may be dealing with a whiplash injury if you are experiencing:
- Limited range of movement and flexibility in your neck
- Pain that gets worse when moving your neck
- Pain that radiates to the shoulders and arms
Those with whiplash may also experience:
- Trouble concentrating
- Sleep problems
- Tinnitus (ringing in the ears)
- Blurry vision
Since many conditions can cause similar symptoms it’s important that you see a qualified medical professional right away, especially if you’ve been in a car accident.
How can a chiropractor help?
Our chiropractors, Dr. George Kollias, Dr. Autumn Scaz, and Dr. Elissa Pally, specialize in treating injuries and conditions that affect the musculoskeletal system, which includes everything from tendons and ligaments to bones and nerves. If you are dealing with whiplash and other injuries due to an auto accident, our Tampa chiropractor can provide you with a variety of treatment options, including:
- Pain management: This includes everything from resting and ice/heat therapy to taking over-the-counter pain relievers
- Exercises: The exercises our chiropractors will prescribe will involve slow, gentle stretching exercises that can reduce pain and stiffness and restore flexibility and range of motion.
- Spinal manipulation/chiropractic adjustment: When the neck gets forcefully thrown out of its typical range of motion, this can cause vertebrae within the spine to fall out of alignment. To improve the alignment of the spine, to release trapped nerves, and to reduce muscle tension, our chiropractor offers spinal manipulation to ease symptoms and improve how the body functions as a whole.
- Physical therapy: if you’ve been in a serious car accident and you’re dealing with long-term or severe whiplash pain, then our chiropractor may also recommend physical therapy to help retrain and strengthen the muscles in and around the neck.
If you’ve just recently been in an auto accident, our Tampa, FL, chiropractor offers a wide range of treatment options that can help ease symptoms associated with soft tissue injuries such as whiplash. To schedule an evaluation with Dr. George Kollias, Dr. Autumn Scaz, and Dr. Elissa Pally, call Sheldon Road Chiropractic & Massage Therapy at (813) 884-1457.