Posts for tag: Massage Therapy
Beyond helping you relax, massage therapy can greatly improve your quality of life in more ways than you may think. The beneficial health effects range from pain management, to enhancing the way you perform everyday activities. To learn about all the ways that massage therapy can help you, get in contact with your local Tampa, FL, specialists at Sheldon Road Chiropractic & Massage Therapy.
Indulging in a moment of relaxation is not a luxury, your mental wellbeing is as important as your physical one because they are interconnected. Stress can negatively impact your overall health and is even more damaging if you already suffer from a chronic condition, but the good news is that massage therapy can help you manage stress.
Massage therapy is often recommended to those suffering from tension headaches and migraines and can be helpful for those dealing with pain in general. Especially if you are hoping to try a drug-free pain relief alternative.
Inflammation is often a source of pain and massage therapy can be targeted to help decrease it in the troublesome areas.
Frequent massage therapy can, with time, help adjust your limbs and joints and thus provide you with a greater range of motion. It can also improve your posture and the way you walk, providing you with better balance. Both are benefits that can dramatically change the way you tackle everyday life.
Many eventually experience a boost to their energy because of all the physical improvements and better sleep habits as a result of a reduction in stress, among other everyday positive effects.
Massage Therapy in Tampa, FL
The only way to really find out how massage therapy can make your everyday life better is to experience it for yourself. So if you live in Tampa, FL, or nearby, make an appointment today at Sheldon Road Chiropractic & Massage Therapy by dialing (813) 884-1457.
At Sheldon Road Chiropractic & Massage Therapy, we provide patients with quality care by utilizing the most modern equipment, technology, and massage therapy techniques available. Whether the idea of this relaxation method is new to you, or you've reaped the benefits before, many different types can improve your wellness as a whole. In our Tampa, FL, office, our team of massage therapists works with your chiropractors, Dr. George Kollias, Dr. Autumn Scaz, and Dr. Elissa Pally. We can help you achieve fewer migraines, improve nerve system function, and help you relax, all with gentle hand manipulation. Read on to learn more.
Why Consider Massage Therapy?
Getting a massage is the best thing you can do for your body, mind, and spirit. It can help you reach a healthier mental and emotional frame of mind by managing symptoms of depression, anxiety, or chronic pain. It also delivers physical benefits, like correcting posture, curbing pain in specific areas of the body, and promoting relaxation and stability.
The Different Types of Massage Therapy
At Sheldon Road Chiropractic & Massage Therapy, our therapists focus on specific areas of the body utilizing these popular methods:
- Swedish - ideal for people who are new to massage therapy, carry excessive tension and are sensitive to touch. The therapist will use a combination of long flowing strokes, kneading, deep, circular motions, as well as vibration and tapping.
- Sports Therapy - beneficial for athletes who need to improve range of motion, prevent injury, or alleviate issues and aches. This technique focuses on treating soft tissue injuries and reducing muscle stiffness using mild to moderate pressure.
- Muscle Energy - is excellent for people with a limited range of motion and require effective pain management. This manual therapy utilizes deep or soothing strokes to loosen and stretch the muscles.
Health Benefits of Massage Therapy
Research shows that there are endless reasons to get a massage. It can alleviate symptoms that result from conditions like fibromyalgia, stress, low-back pain, and many others. Additional advantages to massage therapy also include:
- Less fatigue
- Immunity boost
- Better sleep quality
- Elimination of toxins
- Improved circulation
- Reduction in pain and discomfort
Whether you are skeptical about getting your first massage or a master searching for new techniques, our therapists at Sheldon Road Chiropractic & Massage Therapy make patients feel warm and welcome from the minute they walk in the door. For more information about massage therapy, conditions treated, and other services provided, visit our website. For appointment scheduling in our Tampa, FL, office, please call 813-884-1457.
Many people experience neck or back pain related to spinal disc problems. Such problems can be due to an injury, accident, or medical condition. In certain cases, spinal disc surgery is the best option for delivering long-term relief from disc-related neck and back pain. However, surgery is not the only option as there are several effective alternatives to disc surgery. At Sheldon Road Chiropractic and Massage Therapy, Dr. George Kollias, Dr. Autumn Scaz, and Dr. Elizabeth Gionfriddo are your chiropractors in Tampa, FL.
Chiropractic care is one effective alternative to disc surgery. It can help alleviate neck and back pain associated with spinal disc problems. Chiropractic care includes a range of techniques and therapies for adjusting the spine to improve alignment, which can provide relief from pain and discomfort.
Massage therapy is another effective option for treating neck and back pain that avoids surgery. Massage therapy involves manipulation of the body’s soft tissues through massage techniques in order to alleviate pain and discomfort. One type of massage therapy called traction massage is especially helpful for stretching the back muscles. Traction massage is sometimes used prior to chiropractic spinal adjustments to relax the back muscles and aid in spinal adjustment.
Other Alternative Treatments
There are several other alternatives to disc surgery beyond chiropractic techniques and massage therapy. Other options include laser therapy and spinal decompression therapy, among others. Laser therapy helps rejuvenate damaged cells and reduce inflammation, which can alleviate pain. It is an effective option for treating disc-related injuries or disease. Spinal decompression therapy can be used to treat more serious neck and back pain related conditions, such as herniated discs, bulging discs, sciatica, and degenerative disc disease.
Several alternatives to disc surgery are available for treating different disc-related conditions and problems that are causing back or neck pain. To learn more about disc surgery alternatives in Tampa, schedule a consultation with Dr. Kollias, Dr. Scaz, or Dr. Gionfriddo by calling Sheldon Road Chiropractic and Massage Therapy at (813) 884-1457.
First, we would like to thank everyone for their participation. Once you have liked our Facebook page or followed us on Instagram you will automatically be entered into all our future drawings. So stay tuned!
Now, what we have all been waiting for... July's 1 hour massage winner is: Renata DiPaola!
Congratulations Renata! Please call our office at 813-884-1457 to schedule a 1 hour massage with the therapist of your choice!
Thanks again to everyone who participated and keep an eye out for our August massage drawing coming up next!
Massage therapy offers a natural way to relieve your aches and pains and may even help you manage a variety of health conditions. Tampa, FL, chiropractors Dr. George Kollias, Dr. Autumn Scaz and Dr. Elizabeth Gionfriddo provide chiropractic treatment and offer massage therapy, and other services to their patients at Sheldon Road Chiropractic & Massage Therapy.
Can massage therapy help me feel better?
Stretching and loosening tight muscles with massage offers many important benefits, including:
- Improved Circulation: As your Tampa massage therapist applies gentle pressure to your muscles, both blood and lymph circulation improves. Improved circulation helps your body remove waste products more efficiently and sends nutrients and oxygen to the cells in your muscles.
- Drug-Free Pain Relief: Pain medications can be effective in reducing pain, but the medications often cause nausea, dizziness, upset stomach, and other symptoms. Massage therapy triggers the release of endorphins, natural chemicals that ease your neck, back, knee, arm, or joint pain without any side effects.
- Decreased Inflammation: Tight muscles press on tendons, nerves, and ligaments, causing pain and inflammation in your tissues and organs. Massage decreases pain and inflammation in these structures.
- Fewer Headaches: Regular massages can help reduce the frequency of tension and migraine headaches.
- Better Sleep: Both pain and stress can lead to insomnia. Massage therapy relieves both, improving your sleep.
- Increased Range of Motion: Range of motion issues can be caused by tight muscles, adhesions, or scar tissue. Massage loosens muscles and breaks up scar tissue and adhesions, increasing joint flexibility and range of motion.
- Chronic Disease Management: Massage can help you manage several chronic diseases and conditions, including arthritis, asthma, allergies, and fibromyalgia.
- Relief of Stress, Anxiety, and Depression: Massage sessions trigger the relaxation response, which lowers production of stress hormones and also increases the amount of serotonin in your body. The brain chemical improves your sense of well being and helps regulate your mood, which may make you feel less anxious or depressed.
- Better Balance: As a result of massage, your posture and gait may improve, which can help you maintain better balance and avoid falls.
Could you benefit from massage therapy? Call Tampa, FL, chiropractors Dr. Kollias, Dr. Scaz, and Dr. Gionfriddo at (813) 884-1457 to schedule your appointment.