Posts for tag: auto accident
Your chiropractors in Tampa, FL, can help with auto accident treatment so you feel better fast
Auto accidents can be scary. The truth is, you may not know how badly you’ve been hurt until days, weeks, or even months afterward. Your body absorbs the shock of the impact, and the damage done isn’t always obvious. The good news is, your chiropractor can help you feel better.
Drs. George Kollias, Autumn Scaz, and Elissa Pally of Sheldon Road Chiropractic & Massage Therapy in Tampa, FL, offer a wide variety of chiropractic and wellness services, including auto accident treatment.
Different impacts can affect your body in different ways:
- A front impact can result in injury or damage to areas of your chest and lower limbs with a seatbelt, and injury or damage to your face and head without a seatbelt.
- A side impact can result in injury or damage to areas of your chest, lower limbs, head, abdomen, and internal organs.
- A rear impact can result in injury or damage to your head, neck, chest, and spine.
If you are involved in an auto accident, there are a few steps you should take immediately. You need to:
- Place ice on the injury for 15 minutes several times a day for the first few days to reduce swelling
- Rest for the first 24 hours after the auto accident
- Use heat after the first few days to relax strained muscles
- Take over-the-counter pain and anti-inflammatory medications
- Do gentle stretches to keep yourself flexible and prevent muscle stiffness.
See your chiropractor as soon as you can after the auto accident. There are often injuries you may not know about including strained muscles, tendons, or ligaments, bruising, or bone alignment problems.
Depending on your injuries, your chiropractor may recommend:
- Therapeutic massage to relieve swelling, and reduce muscle tension and pain
- Manual manipulation targeting injured joints to increase range-of-motion
- Adjustment techniques to help with bone realignment
- Electrical stimulation to increase circulation and reduce stiffness
An auto accident doesn’t have to put you on the couch! To find out more about how your chiropractors can help you recover from an auto accident, call Drs. George Kollias, Autumn Scaz, and Elissa Pally of Sheldon Road Chiropractic & Massage Therapy in Tampa, FL, at (813) 884-1457. Call now!
Chiropractic treatment relieves auto accident-related pain, stiffness and inflammation naturally. Your Tampa, FL, chiropractors, Dr. George Kollias, Dr. Autumn Scaz, and Dr. Elissa Pally, provide a variety of treatments that help their patients recover from auto accidents.
How chiropractic treatment can help you
Whiplash is a particularly common injury after an auto accident. When your vehicle hits another car or object, your neck moves back and forth suddenly in a whipping motion. This motion may cause a misalignment in your vertebrae or strain ligaments, muscles and spinal discs.
Chiropractic treatments realign the vertebrae in your neck and spine, reduce pain, improves neck movement and decrease inflammation.
The treatment is just as effective as easing aches and pains throughout your entire body as a result of your accident. Treatment also prevents the formation of scar tissue that can limit your range of motion and cause stiffness.
If you don't treat your injuries promptly, you may be more likely to develop arthritis or experience chronic headaches or migraines. Thanks to chiropractic treatments, you may be able to avoid pain medication entirely or decrease the amount of medication you need to keep your pain under control.
What types of treatments are available?
Your chiropractic treatment plan may include several types of therapies, including:
- Spinal Manipulation: During this treatment, your chiropractor uses his or her hands or a small, handheld instrument to realign your vertebrae. Spinal manipulation relieves joint pain and muscle tension, reduces inflammation, stops bones or tissues from pressing on nerves, and improves your range of motion.
- Massage Therapy: Massage therapy relieves pain caused by muscle spasms, stiffness or knots in your muscles. The therapy also improves blood flow to the injured tissues and prompts your body to release natural pain killers called endorphins.
- Instrument-Assisted Soft Tissue Mobilization: Your chiropractor uses small instruments to break apart scar tissue and knots that can limit your range of motion. Treatments restore flexibility and decrease inflammation.
Chiropractic treatment after auto accidents can help speed your recovery from your injuries. Call your chiropractors in Tampa, FL, Drs. Kollias, Scaz and Pally, at (813) 884-1457 to schedule your appointment.
Pain management is an everyday concern for millions of Americans who struggle with sciatica, spinal conditions, fibromyalgia, arthritis, neck pain, and similar issues. Some patients have degenerative diseases while others are struggling after a sports injury or work accident. You don't have to continue to live with pain and you can avoid invasive procedures thanks to a treatment called laser therapy. This treatment is available at Sheldon Road Chiropractic & Massage Therapy in Tampa, FL.
About Laser Therapy
With a treatment called M6 cold laser therapy, chiropractors can successfully target the sources of pain in many of their patients. The laser emits waves of light energy that can heal ligaments, bone, muscle tissue more effectively and quickly compared to some surgeries or physical therapy. The light is powerful enough to stimulate activity in the cells to repair damage and reduce the sensation of pain. Yet, you have a pain-free experience when undergoing laser therapy—just relax for a few minutes and then you can go home.
Your Laser Therapy Appointment
Your Tampa, FL chiropractor will first identify the targeted area for your laser treatment based on your pain feedback, a visual examination, and X-rays if needed. The laser is pointed at the location where you're experiencing pain and delivers healing waves of energy. It may take a few sessions to feel significant pain relief.
Benefits of Choosing Laser Treatment
Some patients tolerate pain because they want to avoid invasive surgeries or can't commit to time-consuming therapies. Laser treatment for pain comes with the following benefits:
- It is highly effective in many cases of chronic pain.
- The treatment is fast—it takes just a few minutes per session.
- There is no need for surgical incisions.
- You can avoid taking prescription pain medications on a daily basis.
- Laser therapy can also heal some wounds.
Get Help with Your Pain
Relief from your pain may be one laser therapy session away when you visit Sheldon Road Chiropractic & Massage Therapy in Tampa, FL. Call 813-884-1457 to schedule an appointment with Dr. George Kollias, Dr. Karen Derr, or Dr. Autumn Scaz.
In order to better serve our patients, Sheldon Road Chiropractic & Massage Therapy has expanded our team of healthcare professionals by adding Dr. Autumn Scaz D.C. In light of this exciting change we are expanding our hours to give our patient's even more options to receive the very best Chiropractic care regardless of your busy schedule!
Starting on January 20th 2018 we will be open Tuesday and Thursday afternoons from 2:00 pm to 6:00 pm in addition to our regular office hours which are posted below.
Our fully updated hours are as follows:
Monday: 09:00 AM - 01:00 PM | 02:00 PM - 06:00 PM
Tuesday: 09:00 AM - 01:00 PM | 02:00 PM - 06:00 PM
Wednesday: 09:00 AM - 01:00 PM | 02:00 PM - 06:00 PM
Thursday: 09:00 AM - 01:00 PM | 02:00 PM - 06:00 PM
Friday: 09:00 AM - 01:00 PM | 02:00 PM - 06:00 PM
Saturday: 09:00 AM - 01:00 PM | Closed