Posts for tag: chiropractor
Back pain is truly an uncomfortable experience that ranges from slight aches to the inability to move without experiences sharp pains. Back pain is something that affect many Americans, and the ability to complete even mundane tasks becomes difficult. This is because back pain affects everything we do. Chiropractors Dr. George Kollias, Dr. Autumn Scaz, and Dr. Elissa Pally at Sheldon Road Chiropractic & Massage Therapy in Tampa, FL are ready to attend to any of your concerns and relieve your back pain.
Chiropractors can help back pain in the following ways:
- Manual Therapy. If a joint is not functioning appropriately, Dr. George Kollias would use manual therapy techniques to help the joint regain some function and mobility. This can include joint mobilizations via slow stretches of the joint, or through manipulation, which is a quicker but gentle motion that also stretches out the affected joint.
- Soft Tissue Therapy. Your chiropractor focuses on relaxing tight or sore muscles, and there are many ways to do so. Manual therapy is one way, but there is also trigger point therapy and soft tissue therapy using instruments. Trigger point therapy works by applying pressure on the tightest part of the muscle, and instrument-guided soft tissue therapy uses a tool or tools to apply pressure.
- Exercise Therapy or Self Management. Dr. George Kollias is able to give you a few exercises that you would be able to do in the comfort of your own home to relieve your back pain. This would also include methods that can aid you to have better posture so as to prevent the onset of more back pain.
Back pain is very uncomfortable and quite serious if not attended to. If you are suffering from back pain and wish to relieve your symptoms, or would like to know more information, please contact Dr. George Kollias, Dr. Autumn Scaz, and Dr. Elissa Pally at Sheldon Road Chiropractic & Massage Therapy in Tampa, FL at 813-884-1457 today.
Your chiropractors in Tampa, FL, can help with auto accident treatment so you feel better fast
Auto accidents can be scary. The truth is, you may not know how badly you’ve been hurt until days, weeks, or even months afterward. Your body absorbs the shock of the impact, and the damage done isn’t always obvious. The good news is, your chiropractor can help you feel better.
Drs. George Kollias, Autumn Scaz, and Elissa Pally of Sheldon Road Chiropractic & Massage Therapy in Tampa, FL, offer a wide variety of chiropractic and wellness services, including auto accident treatment.
Different impacts can affect your body in different ways:
- A front impact can result in injury or damage to areas of your chest and lower limbs with a seatbelt, and injury or damage to your face and head without a seatbelt.
- A side impact can result in injury or damage to areas of your chest, lower limbs, head, abdomen, and internal organs.
- A rear impact can result in injury or damage to your head, neck, chest, and spine.
If you are involved in an auto accident, there are a few steps you should take immediately. You need to:
- Place ice on the injury for 15 minutes several times a day for the first few days to reduce swelling
- Rest for the first 24 hours after the auto accident
- Use heat after the first few days to relax strained muscles
- Take over-the-counter pain and anti-inflammatory medications
- Do gentle stretches to keep yourself flexible and prevent muscle stiffness.
See your chiropractor as soon as you can after the auto accident. There are often injuries you may not know about including strained muscles, tendons, or ligaments, bruising, or bone alignment problems.
Depending on your injuries, your chiropractor may recommend:
- Therapeutic massage to relieve swelling, and reduce muscle tension and pain
- Manual manipulation targeting injured joints to increase range-of-motion
- Adjustment techniques to help with bone realignment
- Electrical stimulation to increase circulation and reduce stiffness
An auto accident doesn’t have to put you on the couch! To find out more about how your chiropractors can help you recover from an auto accident, call Drs. George Kollias, Autumn Scaz, and Elissa Pally of Sheldon Road Chiropractic & Massage Therapy in Tampa, FL, at (813) 884-1457. Call now!
Pain management is an everyday concern for millions of Americans who struggle with sciatica, spinal conditions, fibromyalgia, arthritis, neck pain, and similar issues. Some patients have degenerative diseases while others are struggling after a sports injury or work accident. You don't have to continue to live with pain and you can avoid invasive procedures thanks to a treatment called laser therapy. This treatment is available at Sheldon Road Chiropractic & Massage Therapy in Tampa, FL.
About Laser Therapy
With a treatment called M6 cold laser therapy, chiropractors can successfully target the sources of pain in many of their patients. The laser emits waves of light energy that can heal ligaments, bone, muscle tissue more effectively and quickly compared to some surgeries or physical therapy. The light is powerful enough to stimulate activity in the cells to repair damage and reduce the sensation of pain. Yet, you have a pain-free experience when undergoing laser therapy—just relax for a few minutes and then you can go home.
Your Laser Therapy Appointment
Your Tampa, FL chiropractor will first identify the targeted area for your laser treatment based on your pain feedback, a visual examination, and X-rays if needed. The laser is pointed at the location where you're experiencing pain and delivers healing waves of energy. It may take a few sessions to feel significant pain relief.
Benefits of Choosing Laser Treatment
Some patients tolerate pain because they want to avoid invasive surgeries or can't commit to time-consuming therapies. Laser treatment for pain comes with the following benefits:
- It is highly effective in many cases of chronic pain.
- The treatment is fast—it takes just a few minutes per session.
- There is no need for surgical incisions.
- You can avoid taking prescription pain medications on a daily basis.
- Laser therapy can also heal some wounds.
Get Help with Your Pain
Relief from your pain may be one laser therapy session away when you visit Sheldon Road Chiropractic & Massage Therapy in Tampa, FL. Call 813-884-1457 to schedule an appointment with Dr. George Kollias, Dr. Karen Derr, or Dr. Autumn Scaz.