Don’t let an auto accident leave you dealing with long-term neck problems.
We know how everything stops the moment you get into a car accident. The adrenaline is surging and you may feel shaky and unstable; however, if you don’t notice any visible cuts, bruises or other injuries then you may not have thought about getting a medical evaluation (even though it’s always a good idea to have a doctor check you out immediately after an accident). Our Tampa, FL, chiropractors Dr. George Kollias, Dr. Autumn Scaz and Dr. Elizabeth Gionfriddo are here to tell you the warning signs that you might have whiplash and how chiropractic care could help you handle the pain of whiplash.
What is whiplash?
During a car accident, particularly if you’ve been rear-ended, you may have found that your head and neck were suddenly jerked backwards or forwards. When this sudden and violent movement occurs it can put stress and strain on the neck, leading to a painful condition known as whiplash.
What are the symptoms of whiplash?
Whiplash symptoms don’t always appear right away. Sometimes the symptoms sneak up on you after the course of hours or even days after your accident. The most common complaint of whiplash is neck pain. Depending on the severity of the accident, pain may be minimal or it can be extreme. Along with pain, you may also notice stiffness, limited mobility, weakness or even pain that radiates down to your shoulders. Some patients also report numbness or tingling in the neck and shoulders.
How can a chiropractor help me?
It’s important that you seek care for your whiplash to promote healing while also managing your symptoms more efficiently. Chiropractic care can be an effective, non-invasive way to treat your symptoms without turning to medication, which only masks the problem and temporarily alleviates pain and discomfort.
Our Tampa, FL, chiropractic specialists have received specialized training to be able to perform a variety of manipulation techniques to help adjust and realign areas of the spine. By applying the proper amount of force and pressure to these regions, we can realign the vertebrae in the neck while also boosting oxygen and blood flow to the areas to make sure they are getting the nutrients they need to speed up healing.
Chiropractic adjustments (also known as spinal manipulations) can also improve how the joints within the neck move and function, reducing stiffness and restoring full range of motion and flexibility. Multiple chiropractic adjustments may be necessary and most patients experience some relief after just one session.
If you have just gotten into a car accident, had a bad fall or experienced a sports injury, our team of chiropractic specialists here at Sheldon Road Chiropractic & Massage Therapy in Tampa, FL, is here to help. Schedule an appointment with us today.
Massage therapy offers a natural way to relieve your aches and pains and may even help you manage a variety of health conditions. Tampa, FL, chiropractors Dr. George Kollias, Dr. Autumn Scaz and Dr. Elizabeth Gionfriddo provide chiropractic treatment and offer massage therapy, and other services to their patients at Sheldon Road Chiropractic & Massage Therapy.
Can massage therapy help me feel better?
Stretching and loosening tight muscles with massage offers many important benefits, including:
- Improved Circulation: As your Tampa massage therapist applies gentle pressure to your muscles, both blood and lymph circulation improves. Improved circulation helps your body remove waste products more efficiently and sends nutrients and oxygen to the cells in your muscles.
- Drug-Free Pain Relief: Pain medications can be effective in reducing pain, but the medications often cause nausea, dizziness, upset stomach, and other symptoms. Massage therapy triggers the release of endorphins, natural chemicals that ease your neck, back, knee, arm, or joint pain without any side effects.
- Decreased Inflammation: Tight muscles press on tendons, nerves, and ligaments, causing pain and inflammation in your tissues and organs. Massage decreases pain and inflammation in these structures.
- Fewer Headaches: Regular massages can help reduce the frequency of tension and migraine headaches.
- Better Sleep: Both pain and stress can lead to insomnia. Massage therapy relieves both, improving your sleep.
- Increased Range of Motion: Range of motion issues can be caused by tight muscles, adhesions, or scar tissue. Massage loosens muscles and breaks up scar tissue and adhesions, increasing joint flexibility and range of motion.
- Chronic Disease Management: Massage can help you manage several chronic diseases and conditions, including arthritis, asthma, allergies, and fibromyalgia.
- Relief of Stress, Anxiety, and Depression: Massage sessions trigger the relaxation response, which lowers production of stress hormones and also increases the amount of serotonin in your body. The brain chemical improves your sense of well being and helps regulate your mood, which may make you feel less anxious or depressed.
- Better Balance: As a result of massage, your posture and gait may improve, which can help you maintain better balance and avoid falls.
Could you benefit from massage therapy? Call Tampa, FL, chiropractors Dr. Kollias, Dr. Scaz, and Dr. Gionfriddo at (813) 884-1457 to schedule your appointment.
Our massage drawing winner is Debbie Cencer! Please call the office at 813-884-1457 to schedule the hour massage with the therapist of your choice. Congratulations!!
Thank you so much to everyone who participated in our drawing and we will announce when the next drawing will be in the near future.
Everyone have a great weekend!
Its that time again! We will be drawing one winner for an hour massage with the therapist of their choice! It is so simple to participate and everyone is welcome to join.
To qualify all you have to do is "Like" us on Facebook here. OR follow us on Instagram by clicking here.
Once you "Like" us on Facebook or follow us on Instagram you will be automatically entered for all of our future drawings as well!
This website includes materials that are protected by copyright, or other proprietary rights. Transmission or reproduction of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use, as defined in the copyright laws, requires the written permission of the copyright owners.