Massage therapy offers a natural way to relieve your aches and pains and may even help you manage a variety of health conditions. Tampa, FL, chiropractors Dr. George Kollias, Dr. Autumn Scaz and Dr. Elizabeth Gionfriddo provide chiropractic treatment and offer massage therapy, and other services to their patients at Sheldon Road Chiropractic & Massage Therapy.
Can massage therapy help me feel better?
Stretching and loosening tight muscles with massage offers many important benefits, including:
- Improved Circulation: As your Tampa massage therapist applies gentle pressure to your muscles, both blood and lymph circulation improves. Improved circulation helps your body remove waste products more efficiently and sends nutrients and oxygen to the cells in your muscles.
- Drug-Free Pain Relief: Pain medications can be effective in reducing pain, but the medications often cause nausea, dizziness, upset stomach, and other symptoms. Massage therapy triggers the release of endorphins, natural chemicals that ease your neck, back, knee, arm, or joint pain without any side effects.
- Decreased Inflammation: Tight muscles press on tendons, nerves, and ligaments, causing pain and inflammation in your tissues and organs. Massage decreases pain and inflammation in these structures.
- Fewer Headaches: Regular massages can help reduce the frequency of tension and migraine headaches.
- Better Sleep: Both pain and stress can lead to insomnia. Massage therapy relieves both, improving your sleep.
- Increased Range of Motion: Range of motion issues can be caused by tight muscles, adhesions, or scar tissue. Massage loosens muscles and breaks up scar tissue and adhesions, increasing joint flexibility and range of motion.
- Chronic Disease Management: Massage can help you manage several chronic diseases and conditions, including arthritis, asthma, allergies, and fibromyalgia.
- Relief of Stress, Anxiety, and Depression: Massage sessions trigger the relaxation response, which lowers production of stress hormones and also increases the amount of serotonin in your body. The brain chemical improves your sense of well being and helps regulate your mood, which may make you feel less anxious or depressed.
- Better Balance: As a result of massage, your posture and gait may improve, which can help you maintain better balance and avoid falls.
Could you benefit from massage therapy? Call Tampa, FL, chiropractors Dr. Kollias, Dr. Scaz, and Dr. Gionfriddo at (813) 884-1457 to schedule your appointment.