Posts for tag: pain relief
Pain management is an everyday concern for millions of Americans who struggle with sciatica, spinal conditions, fibromyalgia, arthritis, neck pain, and similar issues. Some patients have degenerative diseases while others are struggling after a sports injury or work accident. You don't have to continue to live with pain and you can avoid invasive procedures thanks to a treatment called laser therapy. This treatment is available at Sheldon Road Chiropractic & Massage Therapy in Tampa, FL.
About Laser Therapy
With a treatment called M6 cold laser therapy, chiropractors can successfully target the sources of pain in many of their patients. The laser emits waves of light energy that can heal ligaments, bone, muscle tissue more effectively and quickly compared to some surgeries or physical therapy. The light is powerful enough to stimulate activity in the cells to repair damage and reduce the sensation of pain. Yet, you have a pain-free experience when undergoing laser therapy—just relax for a few minutes and then you can go home.
Your Laser Therapy Appointment
Your Tampa, FL chiropractor will first identify the targeted area for your laser treatment based on your pain feedback, a visual examination, and X-rays if needed. The laser is pointed at the location where you're experiencing pain and delivers healing waves of energy. It may take a few sessions to feel significant pain relief.
Benefits of Choosing Laser Treatment
Some patients tolerate pain because they want to avoid invasive surgeries or can't commit to time-consuming therapies. Laser treatment for pain comes with the following benefits:
- It is highly effective in many cases of chronic pain.
- The treatment is fast—it takes just a few minutes per session.
- There is no need for surgical incisions.
- You can avoid taking prescription pain medications on a daily basis.
- Laser therapy can also heal some wounds.
Get Help with Your Pain
Relief from your pain may be one laser therapy session away when you visit Sheldon Road Chiropractic & Massage Therapy in Tampa, FL. Call 813-884-1457 to schedule an appointment with Dr. George Kollias, Dr. Karen Derr, or Dr. Autumn Scaz.
In order to better serve our patients, Sheldon Road Chiropractic & Massage Therapy has expanded our team of healthcare professionals by adding Dr. Autumn Scaz D.C. In light of this exciting change we are expanding our hours to give our patient's even more options to receive the very best Chiropractic care regardless of your busy schedule!
Starting on January 20th 2018 we will be open Tuesday and Thursday afternoons from 2:00 pm to 6:00 pm in addition to our regular office hours which are posted below.
Our fully updated hours are as follows:
Monday: 09:00 AM - 01:00 PM | 02:00 PM - 06:00 PM
Tuesday: 09:00 AM - 01:00 PM | 02:00 PM - 06:00 PM
Wednesday: 09:00 AM - 01:00 PM | 02:00 PM - 06:00 PM
Thursday: 09:00 AM - 01:00 PM | 02:00 PM - 06:00 PM
Friday: 09:00 AM - 01:00 PM | 02:00 PM - 06:00 PM
Saturday: 09:00 AM - 01:00 PM | Closed
Has it been days or weeks since your auto accident, yet you're still in pain? Chiropractic treatment offers a natural pain relief solution that can provide long-term relief. Tampa, FL, chiropractors Dr. George Kollias, Dr. Karen Derr, and Dr. Autumn Scaz explain how the treatment can help you recover from your injuries.
Why pain relievers aren't always the best solution
Pain relievers, both over-the-counter and prescription, can be very effective in easing pain, at least temporarily. Because they don't treat the source of the problem, your pain may come back as soon as you stop taking the medication. When you visit our Tampa office, we'll perform a thorough examination to determine why you have pain and then develop a treatment plan that will target the cause of your aches and pains.
Broken bones and internal organ damage aren't the only consequences of auto accidents. The force of the crash can injure your soft tissues too. Although you may feel fine immediately after the crash, within hour or days, you may begin experiencing pain in your back or neck.
Benefits of chiropractic treatment
Chiropractic treatment offers several important benefits, including:
- Pain Relief: Spinal adjustments restore the proper alignment of your spine and joints. Adjustments increase blood flow to the affected area, which can decrease pain and inflammation. In addition to adjustments, other chiropractic treatments, including massage, electrical stimulation and ultrasound therapy, can be very helpful if you've experienced whiplash or small tears in your muscles or ligaments.
- Improved Range of Motion: Chiropractic treatment is very effective in easing stiffness and restoring normal range of motion to your battered joints. Scar tissue, a common consequence of injuries, also restricts your range of motion. Chiropractic treatment helps break up the tissue, preventing long-term range-of-motion problems.
- Quicker Healing: Restoring normal blood flow to your tissues plays an important part in healing and can actually reduce the amount of time it takes for you to start to feel better. Treatments prompt the body to produce endorphins, hormones that act as natural pain killers.
Relieve your auto accident pain with chiropractic treatment. Call your Tampa, FL, chiropractors at (813) 884-1457 to schedule your appointment.