Pain medication isn't the only option if you have arthritis. Massage therapy offered by your Tampa, FL, chiropractors, Drs. George Kollias, Autumn Scaz, and Elissa Pally can ease your aches and pains.
How Massage Can Help You Manage Your Arthritis Symptoms
When your joints hurt, massage might seem like the last therapy you'd want to try. Although a vigorous, bone-jarring treatment certainly wouldn't be a good idea, moderate pressure on joints, tissues, and muscles can actually have a beneficial effect on arthritis symptoms.
In fact, attending regular massage therapy appointments at our Tampa office creates these important benefits:
- Less Pain: Massage provides a natural way to reduce pain in both joints and muscles. Gentle stretching and kneading motions used during the therapy ease soreness, aches, and pains. Treatments stimulate the release of endorphins, your body's natural pain relievers. Endorphins not only decrease pain but also promote a sense of well-being. Massage may also reduce the production of a neurotransmitter linked to pain.
- Reduced Stiffness: Joint pain is often accompanied by muscle stiffness if you have arthritis. Massage relieves muscle tension, decreasing pain naturally.
- Enhanced Range of Motion: Massage also improves flexibility and may increase the range of motion in your joints.
- Decreased Inflammation: Inflammation in muscles and joints can increase pain and other arthritis symptoms. Massage offers a simple way to keep inflammation under control.
- Improved Circulation: The hands-on treatment improves blood flow, thus promoting healing and boosting lymph circulation. When your lymph system functions more efficiently, it's easier for your body to remove the excess fluids that contribute to swelling in your joints.
- Less Stress: It's only natural to feel a little stressed when you experience chronic pain due to arthritis. Massage promotes relaxation and helps relieve stress and anxiety. The therapy reduces the amount of stress hormones you produce and increases the production of serotonin, a natural chemical that regulates mood.
- Better Sleep: When you're relaxed and no longer in pain, it's much easier to fall asleep and stay asleep.
Need Relief? Give Us a Call
Relieve your arthritis pain with massage therapy! Call your Tampa, FL, chiropractors, Drs. George Kollias, Autumn Scaz, and Elissa Pally, at (813) 884-1457 to schedule an appointment.