Posts for tag: Auto injury
Your chiropractors in Tampa, FL, can help with auto accident treatment so you feel better fast
Auto accidents can be scary. The truth is, you may not know how badly you’ve been hurt until days, weeks, or even months afterward. Your body absorbs the shock of the impact, and the damage done isn’t always obvious. The good news is, your chiropractor can help you feel better.
Drs. George Kollias, Autumn Scaz, and Elissa Pally of Sheldon Road Chiropractic & Massage Therapy in Tampa, FL, offer a wide variety of chiropractic and wellness services, including auto accident treatment.
Different impacts can affect your body in different ways:
- A front impact can result in injury or damage to areas of your chest and lower limbs with a seatbelt, and injury or damage to your face and head without a seatbelt.
- A side impact can result in injury or damage to areas of your chest, lower limbs, head, abdomen, and internal organs.
- A rear impact can result in injury or damage to your head, neck, chest, and spine.
If you are involved in an auto accident, there are a few steps you should take immediately. You need to:
- Place ice on the injury for 15 minutes several times a day for the first few days to reduce swelling
- Rest for the first 24 hours after the auto accident
- Use heat after the first few days to relax strained muscles
- Take over-the-counter pain and anti-inflammatory medications
- Do gentle stretches to keep yourself flexible and prevent muscle stiffness.
See your chiropractor as soon as you can after the auto accident. There are often injuries you may not know about including strained muscles, tendons, or ligaments, bruising, or bone alignment problems.
Depending on your injuries, your chiropractor may recommend:
- Therapeutic massage to relieve swelling, and reduce muscle tension and pain
- Manual manipulation targeting injured joints to increase range-of-motion
- Adjustment techniques to help with bone realignment
- Electrical stimulation to increase circulation and reduce stiffness
An auto accident doesn’t have to put you on the couch! To find out more about how your chiropractors can help you recover from an auto accident, call Drs. George Kollias, Autumn Scaz, and Elissa Pally of Sheldon Road Chiropractic & Massage Therapy in Tampa, FL, at (813) 884-1457. Call now!