Pain medication isn't the only option if you have arthritis. Massage therapy offered by your Tampa, FL, chiropractors, Drs. George Kollias, Autumn Scaz, and Elissa Pally can ease your aches and pains.
How Massage Can Help You Manage Your Arthritis Symptoms
When your joints hurt, massage might seem like the last therapy you'd want to try. Although a vigorous, bone-jarring treatment certainly wouldn't be a good idea, moderate pressure on joints, tissues, and muscles can actually have a beneficial effect on arthritis symptoms.
In fact, attending regular massage therapy appointments at our Tampa office creates these important benefits:
- Less Pain: Massage provides a natural way to reduce pain in both joints and muscles. Gentle stretching and kneading motions used during the therapy ease soreness, aches, and pains. Treatments stimulate the release of endorphins, your body's natural pain relievers. Endorphins not only decrease pain but also promote a sense of well-being. Massage may also reduce the production of a neurotransmitter linked to pain.
- Reduced Stiffness: Joint pain is often accompanied by muscle stiffness if you have arthritis. Massage relieves muscle tension, decreasing pain naturally.
- Enhanced Range of Motion: Massage also improves flexibility and may increase the range of motion in your joints.
- Decreased Inflammation: Inflammation in muscles and joints can increase pain and other arthritis symptoms. Massage offers a simple way to keep inflammation under control.
- Improved Circulation: The hands-on treatment improves blood flow, thus promoting healing and boosting lymph circulation. When your lymph system functions more efficiently, it's easier for your body to remove the excess fluids that contribute to swelling in your joints.
- Less Stress: It's only natural to feel a little stressed when you experience chronic pain due to arthritis. Massage promotes relaxation and helps relieve stress and anxiety. The therapy reduces the amount of stress hormones you produce and increases the production of serotonin, a natural chemical that regulates mood.
- Better Sleep: When you're relaxed and no longer in pain, it's much easier to fall asleep and stay asleep.
Need Relief? Give Us a Call
Relieve your arthritis pain with massage therapy! Call your Tampa, FL, chiropractors, Drs. George Kollias, Autumn Scaz, and Elissa Pally, at (813) 884-1457 to schedule an appointment.
At Sheldon Road Chiropractic & Massage Therapy, we provide patients with quality care by utilizing the most modern equipment, technology, and massage therapy techniques available. Whether the idea of this relaxation method is new to you, or you've reaped the benefits before, many different types can improve your wellness as a whole. In our Tampa, FL, office, our team of massage therapists works with your chiropractors, Dr. George Kollias, Dr. Autumn Scaz, and Dr. Elissa Pally. We can help you achieve fewer migraines, improve nerve system function, and help you relax, all with gentle hand manipulation. Read on to learn more.
Why Consider Massage Therapy?
Getting a massage is the best thing you can do for your body, mind, and spirit. It can help you reach a healthier mental and emotional frame of mind by managing symptoms of depression, anxiety, or chronic pain. It also delivers physical benefits, like correcting posture, curbing pain in specific areas of the body, and promoting relaxation and stability.
The Different Types of Massage Therapy
At Sheldon Road Chiropractic & Massage Therapy, our therapists focus on specific areas of the body utilizing these popular methods:
- Swedish - ideal for people who are new to massage therapy, carry excessive tension and are sensitive to touch. The therapist will use a combination of long flowing strokes, kneading, deep, circular motions, as well as vibration and tapping.
- Sports Therapy - beneficial for athletes who need to improve range of motion, prevent injury, or alleviate issues and aches. This technique focuses on treating soft tissue injuries and reducing muscle stiffness using mild to moderate pressure.
- Muscle Energy - is excellent for people with a limited range of motion and require effective pain management. This manual therapy utilizes deep or soothing strokes to loosen and stretch the muscles.
Health Benefits of Massage Therapy
Research shows that there are endless reasons to get a massage. It can alleviate symptoms that result from conditions like fibromyalgia, stress, low-back pain, and many others. Additional advantages to massage therapy also include:
- Less fatigue
- Immunity boost
- Better sleep quality
- Elimination of toxins
- Improved circulation
- Reduction in pain and discomfort
Whether you are skeptical about getting your first massage or a master searching for new techniques, our therapists at Sheldon Road Chiropractic & Massage Therapy make patients feel warm and welcome from the minute they walk in the door. For more information about massage therapy, conditions treated, and other services provided, visit our website. For appointment scheduling in our Tampa, FL, office, please call 813-884-1457.
After you've recovered from the initial shock of an auto accident, you're likely wondering what to do next. While contacting your insurance company and repair shop is important, you should also consider making a call to Sheldon Road Chiropractic & Massage Therapy in Tampa, Florida for an evaluation. Our chiropractors, Dr. George Kollias, Dr. Autumn Scaz, and Dr. Elissa Pally offer different treatment techniques for common auto accident injuries.
Whiplash is an extremely common injury that occurs during a car accident, particularly when your vehicle is hit from behind. Whiplash occurs when your head and neck is forced forward and then immediately backward rapidly, and the soft tissues surrounding the spinal bones are damaged. Persistent headaches are one of the most common symptoms of whiplash after auto accidents, and your Tampa chiropractors have years of experience in the treatment of these injuries. Manual adjustments and pressure techniques can help by guiding the spine back into place while encouraging blood flow and healing.
Upper back pain
In addition to headaches, whiplash can cause you to experience pain in your neck, shoulders, and the upper third portion of your back. Chiropractic care in this area of the body is designed to align the spine to its optimal position while healing soft tissues and preventing disc degeneration. That's why it's so important to contact your Tampa chiropractor for treatment immediately after an auto accident; early intervention is key to successful healing and prevention of chronic pain.
Lower back pain
The lower portion of the spine, known as the lumbar region, is the foundation for the spine and therefore an extremely important part of your overall health. If your lower back becomes injured in an auto accident, treatment from your Tampa chiropractor is essential for your flexibility, comfort, and participation in daily activities. These types of injuries are common due to the position of the seatbelt, which keeps you safely inside your car but can force your hips into an unnatural position during impact.
If you think you've been injured in an auto accident, make sure you don't delay in contacting Sheldon Road Chiropractic & Massage Therapy in Tampa, Florida for an appointment with one of our practitioners at 813-884-1457.
How your chiropractors in Tampa, FL, can help you
If you are suffering from back pain and have been told that you need disc surgery, you may have another alternative. The chiropractors at Sheldon Road Chiropractic & Massage Therapy in Tampa, FL, offer a wide range of chiropractic services, including two non-invasive alternatives to disc surgery. They can help you and your back feel better without going under the knife.
Disc surgery alternatives
There are many problems that have a direct effect on your back—spinal stenosis, arthritis, degenerative joint disease, and other conditions can all cause disc problems and significant back pain. Your mobility and flexibility can decrease, and before you know it, you are stuck on the couch.
At Sheldon Road Chiropractic & Massage Therapy they offer several alternatives to disc surgery. Consider:
Using a device known as the DRX9000, this spinal decompression system stretches out compressed joints, releasing pinched nerves. As the pressure of compressed nerves is decreased, the flow of fluid, nutrients, and oxygen to your discs is increased, thus enhancing your function and flexibility. For more information on spinal decompression or to download a brochure on the DRX9000, please visit http://www.sheldonroadchiropractic.com/drx-9000.html
Using the MLS laser, this treatment utilizes specific wavelengths of light to decrease inflammation and reduce pain. Laser therapy works on a cellular level to repair and speed up healing of your ligaments, tendons, and muscles. MLS laser therapy has been cleared by the FDA and has no negative side effects. For more information on MLS laser therapy, please visit http://www.tampalasertherapy.com/
Need relief? Give us a call!
Disc surgery can be debilitating, painful, and requires a few weeks of downtime. Why not try an alternative that can reduce your pain without drastic treatment? You and your body deserve a treatment that is minimally invasive, doesn’t require incisions, and has no side effects.
To find out more about the alternatives to disc surgery, talk with the experts. Call the chiropractors at Sheldon Road Chiropractic & Massage Therapy in Tampa, FL today by dialing (813) 884-1457.
We are happy to announce that as of April 15. 2019 we are an in-network provider for Aetna health plans. If you have any questions about your insurance coverage or would like to make an appointment, please call us at 813-884-1457. In addition to our participation with Aetna, we wanted to remind you that we an in-network provider with Avmed, Blue Cross Blue Shield (some plans), Humana PPO, Medicare, and United Health care.
We recognize your many choices in health care providers and value that you have chosen Sheldon Road Chiropractic & Massage Therapy to be part of your health care team. We look forward to having the privilege of helping you in the future.
This website includes materials that are protected by copyright, or other proprietary rights. Transmission or reproduction of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use, as defined in the copyright laws, requires the written permission of the copyright owners.